Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Gwendolyn Online Workshop at Joggles.com

Gwendolyn

 Altered Tin Wall Doll

There is a huge fascination with altered and found objects in the art world these days, and I must confess that I too have been smitten….So what do you get when you merge two passions – doll making & altered tins – you get Gwendolyn!
Gwendolyn full body
This is such a yummy doll! I had so much a fun making Gwendolyn and would love to share her with you! I used a lot of my favorite things: velvet, netting, leaf garland, velvet leaves, pearls, glitzy beads, bits of lace and other fun stuff from my stash (and that’s just on the outside). The tin is lined with pretty scrapbooking papers and then filled to the brim with bits of lace, silk flowers, velvet leaves, junk jewelry (nothing expensive but it looks pretty when you put it together), glass glitter, glass beads, pearls, rhinestone jewelry…….oh my!
Gwendolyn Center
Like I said, YUMMY! We will be using my “Jubilee-press mold” to create the face on this doll. I’ll show you how to use the press mold to create a head bead, and also how to tweak the face a bit to get different looks - It’s a really fun process. Press molds are a great way to make a quick face. Also, they are great for those who may not feel comfortable sculpting a face. We will also be using Apoxie Clay…the newest tool in my toolbox.
Gwendolyn Face
I usually try to list all the techniques you will learn…but there are too many to list. Sometimes the class is about the techniques you learn and sometimes it’s just about making a really fun doll!

No comments: