Have wonderful day!
Friday, May 6, 2011
All Dolls Are Art: Cyndi Mahlstadt - Interview
I will be teaching at All Dolls Are Art July 28 - 31. This is a brand new Art Doll Conference, that promises to be action pack. You should check out the teachers they have scheduled to teach! I am really excited to have the opportunity to be a part this exciting event.
Check out the interview...it was a lot of fun!
I have been asked to teach at "A for Artistic". This is a wonderful website devoted to online classes for the figurative artist in all of us! They have a wonderful lineup of classes right now, and my new Alice workshop is open for registration. Take a peak! You won't be disappointed!
Starts June 14
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Altered Tin Wall Doll
There is a huge fascination with altered and found objects in the art world these days, and I must confess that I too have been smitten….So what do you get when you merge two passions – doll making & altered tins – you get Gwendolyn!
Monday, January 10, 2011
Wouldn’t you love to find this little pixie dancing around in your flower garden? She is a 12” figure with a wire armature body and cloth over clay face. She is dancing in the center of a rose which is resting on a pedestal. Very sweet…very fun to make!
What you’ll learn:
- Body armature for a fully articulated figure
- Wrapping a body with batting to create muscle (cloth over wire wrapping)
- Needle sculpting to define the body
- Posing a body to achieve whimsical effects
- Simple ways to mount a figure on found object(s)
- Cloth over paper clay face
- Soft delicate face painting techniques using acrylic paint
- A super easy technique for making tiny fingers
- Whimsical costuming & embellishing including petite garden slippers
- Fun techniques to age wood and other found objects
This is such a fun class. The techniques taught give a lot of room for self-expression and each doll turns out so unique!
Offered at Joggles.com