Saturday, January 10, 2009

a work in progress....



I have a new critter in the house. Quick get out the bug spray. Just kidding! He's friendly! I've been working on this spider....he's a little scary....but spiders this big usually are! You now the saying "a face only a mother could love". I just love him!

I started working on this guy over a year ago, but then the inspiration dried up and I packed him away for awhile. I finally got the bug (pun intended), to pull him out of hiding a couple days ago and start playing. It always amazes me how some projects can just happen overnight and others take a little longer to decide what they want to be. Here's a few pictures of my spider and his little handler. He's still a work in progress.....


My thoughts, when I first started, was to JUST a make a spider. But then it started growing, and the whole process took on a life of it's own. This is how it happened....I had this really fun nest that I had bought somewhere just because it was so cool, and I started thinking wouldn't it be fun to strap this to his back as a little carrier for a faerie? So I did that. Then it wasn't enough to just have a nest...as you can see it got bigger! So, that's when the whole "treasure keeper" theme started churning in my head. At first I was going to put a tiny faerie in the nest...but then I started thinking nest....birds...EGGS!


Okay so I had the "spider carriage", I had the "treasure", now I just needed....a "Keeper". So I made this little guy. At first I was going to have him stand beside the spider. But plans changed! This is how it happened - I had the little guy on the counter beside the spider and when I looked down at him it dawned on me that the way he was posed was just perfect for hanging him off the side of the nest. He looks so spunky this way....it just worked so well. I love it when that happens! I do believe this is where he'll stay....but who knows!


Okay, that's it for now. I hope you liked the sneak peek! I'll keep you posted. ENJOY!

Hugs,Cyndi

No comments: